vrijdag 30 november 2012

Charles Cros


Last Sunday I paid my good friend Han a visit. The both of us started Antiquariaat Verzameld Werk in 1985. Han left in 2006 and set up a business of his own, Grafiet. However, his work at the Honors Academy of our Radboud University is taking more and more of his time, leaving less and less for Grafiet. So he decided to give up his business. (It’s not a full stop; he will continue making an occasional catalogue, every now and then, just for fun.)




Last weekend Han said goodbye to all his customers and began selling off almost all his ‘stuff’ (That’s the word he uses). I bought some books. Among them CROS, CHARLES Les 4 saisons. Une suite de poems, the first edition was printed by H.v.Krimpen in 1944. This is the 1946-reprint and I know it’s not rare and I know it’s hard to sell these days, but I think it’s a lovely booklet. I like the quality of the paper, the typography and the colors of the ink. A sight for sore eyes!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten